- These spiked wheels are designed to fit Early John Deere 750 drills, with serial number 0-3834. Later model 750 drills will require the axle, which is ordered by selecting the later John Deere 750 drill category.
- Martin 13” spiked closing wheels are recommended for growers who regularly no-till into higher moisture soils, especially residue covered clay soils.
- Spiked closing wheels engage the soil to close the seed slot and leave loose soil above the seed to help speed emergence within higher moisture soils.
- Martin 13” spiked closing wheels are available to fit on the early 50 series closing wheel arms and come with all the hardware to mount to the existing arm and bearing. They come with 2 spacers to move the wheel to the side of the row.
- Martin 13” spiked wheels are not recommended for use in tall cover crops such as cereal rye that’s taller than say 18-24” tall or wrapping can occur. If you plan to seed into such conditions, consider the Martin Razor wheel.
NOTE: The 13″ Martin spiked closing wheel is pictured on a later 50 Series Opener arm, the row above the spiked wheel compares the lack of closing action with the standard John Deere cast wheel.
We will ship the correct hardware to mount the 13″ spiked wheel on the early 50 series closing wheel arm that does not have a spindle (you use the existing 5/8″ bolt). You will require an even number of RH and LH wheels on your drill, so if you have a 15′ early 750, you will need 12RH and 12 LH. If you order 24, we will ship you 12 of each. If you order one row to try we will send you a LH.